Anthony Robbins University

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

How to live sucessfully Part 1

I have been trying to encourage my son to be better than his dad. He sees this as a big task but of course that is not the case. Already he's better than me at lots of things but he's only 7 years old !

One piece of Philosophy I am trying to pass on to him is that no tree is so foolish as to have branches that fight among themselves. When I first told him this, I took it to mean that it is foolish for us to squabble with each other. It does carry that meaning but I have found that it can also relate to inner conflict. We cannot be peaceful still and objective if our minds are constantly pulling us in opposite directions. We need to make decisions, knowing the full consequences of them and stick to them, even if the going gets a little rough. That way we will be at peace with ourselves.

Om,

Shanti, Shanti, Shanti

No comments: